Investigation Differently offers clients a full range of investigation services. Our investigations utilise the Blueline Investigation methodology and are focused on identifying the true organisational issues that contribute to an event.
Our principal facilitator, Mark Alston, has extensive experience in investigations which commenced as a Federal Agent in the Australian Federal Police, responsible for investigating organised crime and large-scale drug and fraud offences. Since then, Mark has worked for a diverse range of range of organisations including BHP, Rio Tinto, Macmahon Holdings, CQMS Razer, and Mitchell Services. Role responsibilities have included; incident investigations, risk management, safety and auditing.
Mark has utilised root cause analysis methods including TapRoot© and ICAM©, 5 Whys and Essential Factors to investigate workplace incidents over the past 10 years. Mark has developed and implemented systems of work to manage incident reporting and investigation requirements as well as the training of operational personnel and safety professionals in investigation methodology.
Our services include;
- Leading and facilitating the investigation of high potential and outcome events.
- Investigation quality review.
- Investigation coaching, mentoring and training.
- Development of effective corrective actions.
- Liaison with an organisation’s legal representatives to ensure the Legal Professional Privilege requirement are complied with.
- Pre-event investigations to identify risks and opportunities.