Public Masterclasses – 2024
Take our short courses for continuous personal development
Learn from a WHS Master
Personal development is important for health and safety professionals. You need to continuously explore new skills and knowledge to improve your investigation and assessment skills.
But you or your team often lack the time to attend a full training program.
We offer these public Masterclasses that concentrate our experts’ 20 plus years of knowledge and skills into short but highly effective courses. Participants will receive a copy of the course material and investigation templates.
We have 2 types of masterclass sessions:
Our 1-day public Investigation Masterclass provides a condensed version of our Blueline InvestigationTM Training.
You will go through a practitioner-relevant, immersive learning experience focusing on quality content to ensure your professional development.
This virtual instructor-led training offers you lectures, discussions and activities to learn, practice, repeat, and explore new knowledge and skills. You will also get the chance to learn from and build connections with other participants.
2024 COURSE DATES
1 Day Investigation Masterclass
Monday 25 March – Fully booked
Thursday 20 June
Monday 11 November
Topics covered in the training include:
- Scope and plan an investigation
- The role of the facilitator
- Traditional Approach v Blueline InvestigationTM Methodology
- What is “Work-As-Normal”
- Identify and collect essential information on work as normal
- How to ask generative questions when conducting interviews or having conversations
- Analyse the information using Blueline InvestigationTM methodology
- Effective corrective actions
- Reporting to stakeholders
Risk Assessment Masterclass
Many organisations use semi-qualitative risk assessment to identify hazards and manage risks. This can lead to a ‘cut & paste’ exercise with little or no innovation. Controls remain predominantly focused on ‘Safety Work’ rather than the ‘Safety of Work’.
Meanwhile, a learning approach to risk assessments can help you explore a “Work-As-Normal” focus and enable innovation among your risk assessment team.
Our 1/2 day Risk Assessment Masterclass will help you implement this learning approach needed to facilitate better risk assessments.
2024 COURSE DATES
1/2 Day Risk Assessment Masterclass
Tuesday 26 March
Friday 21 June
Tuesday 12 November
Topics covered in the Masterclass include:
- The primary objective of risk assessments
- What risks we should be assessing
- Establishing the context
- Writing credible risk scenarios
- Assessing & Evaluating Risk
- Developing effective controls
- The Role of the Facilitator
- Setting up a risk workshop
- How to ask better questions
- Facilitator tips
What participants say
“Mark took our team (at Urban Utilities) through the Risk Assessment masterclass and it was a game changer for our team.”