Many organisations utilise the semi-qualitative risk assessment process to identify hazards and manage risks. At Investigations Differently, we take a fresh approach to risk management training to ensure that risk assessments are more than a ‘cut & paste’ exercise with little or no innovation discovered.
Using a learning approach to risk assessments, enables organisations to explore the context of “normal work”, identify the uncertainty and focus on assessing genuine risks.
What is “normal work”?
Normal work is what goes on in organisations every day. It’s a true reflection of the work rather than what is believed to be happening. Errors are part of “normal work” and when they occur our approach is not to blame but to learn the systems and context of the work that enables human error.
Focusing on the real risks to the organisation enables an environment that encourages a risk assessment team to develop innovative controls specific to the risks. Not merely a laundry list of generic administrative controls.
This approach can be easily incorporated into organisations existing risk assessment processes.
Risk Management Services
Risk Assessment Facilitation Training
- Tailored 1 day course
- Provides the skills and tools needed to facilitate a semi-qualitative risk assessment
Topics covered in the training include
- Why do we assess risk?
- Identifying the unknowns
- Common risk assessment pit falls
- Risk Management Framework
- Key definitions
- Establish context
- Identify hazards and risks
- Evaluating risk
- Control risk
- The role of the facilitator
- Setting up a risk workshop
- Asking better questions
- Approval and record management
- Facilitator tips
Risk Assessment Master Class
- Publicly available course
- 4 hour online course, delivered online
- Our Master Class provides a condensed version of our Risk Assessment Facilitation Training. It is not tailored to your organisation.
Coaching and Mentoring
We offer organisations coaching and mentoring for both individuals and teams working together to identify what is working well and where improvements can be made.
We offer professional facilitation services for a range of workshops including learning teams and risk assessment